AV- FAVETRIM 240 INJ
– Sulfamethoxazole 20 g
– Trimethoprim 4 g
– Solvent q.s 100 ml
– Product is used in cattle, horse, sheep, goat, swine and dogs for treating gastrointestinal (especially E.coli originated enteritis, Vibrio enteritis and Salmonellosis), respiratory (for bronchitis, bronchopneumonia, aryngitis , tonsillitis of bacterial orgin and especially pneumonia, pleura pneumonia, enzootic pneumonia due to Pasteurella haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida infections), urogenital system infections caused by sensitive bacteria (as cystitis, vaginitis, nephritis, pyelonephritis), septisemia, soft tissue infections, foot diseases (foot rot), and other local treatment for mastitis, metritis and secondary bacterial infections associated with viral infections.
– Animals with severe renal or hepatic insufficiency.
– Hypersensitivity to any of the active ingredients or to any of the excipients.
– Product should be administered to the cattle, sheep and goats in intra-muscular and slow intravenous (IV) fashion.In horses and dogs, only intravenous route should be used. Intravenous administration should be slow and preparation should be warmed to body temperature before use
– General dose : 15 mg of sulfamethoxazole + trimethoprim per kg bodyweight .
– It should be administered once per day in 1 ml product per 10-15 kg bodyweight dose or twice per day in 0.5 ml product per 10-15 kg bodyweight dose. Treatment may continue for 3-5 days according to course of the infection. As efficient concentration is maintained about 12 hours, daily dose should be divided into two and thus administered.
– Meat : 12 days
– Milk: 4 days